Hall Fundraising Projects for the 22nd Cardiff Scouts Group.
HALL FUNDRAISING – OUTDOOR, ALL WEATHER AREA.
As part of our Hall Fundraising, we need £5,000 to create a safe outdoor, all weather area. This will allow our community groups to enjoy the full use of the outside hall facilities maximising outdoor play time for all groups.
– We have been successful in getting Tesco Bags for Life Grant Scheme with the customer vote in store during May & June 2018. This involves the blue tokens in store. The winner gets £4,000 – 2nd place £2,000 and 3rd place £1,000.
– Have also applied for £1,000 from Permission community grants and will continue to apply monthly until we hopefully get successful.
We were successful in coming 2nd in Tesco Bags for Life Grant Scheme and received £2,000 with further fundraising and match funding which we managed to receive in December 2018 work commenced on our new much needed flat all weather outdoor area.
BELOW ARE IMAGES OF BEFORE – DURING AND AFTER WORK WAS COMPLETED
DISABLED TOILETS / WET ROOM & SEPARATE UNISEX TOILETS
22nd Cardiff Scouts also estimates that we need £10,000- £20,000 in Hall Fundraising to make the toilets fit for purpose. We need to convert the current toilets into a disabled toilet / wet room and unisex toilets. This is the first part of a staged bigger plan. Our overall plan involves moving the kitchen and office spaces around to allow facilities to be fit for purpose for all of our hall users.
So far we have
– £1,000 in match funding towards this project.
-We have received £2,000 from the Cardiff YMCA 1910 Trust towards the project.
– Successfully the group have secured a YMCA clothing bank outside of our hall in order to raise money through clothing recycling.
– The Executive are trying to secure extra hall hires so that the extra revenue can be used towards this project – this should generate an extra £1,000 a year towards the project.
– Further grant applications have also been submitted.
Our main job is to support the 130 Beavers, cubs, scouts and explorers who use our hall on a weekly basis to receive a high quality scouting life skills on a weekly basis. All of the above support to hall improvement is vital and necessary for this purpose.
All fundraising is carried about by parents and supporters of the group, so that all the voluntary leaders and helpers can continue to support the sections in order to ensure they continue to flourish and provide a varied engaging programme for all of our young people.
WHICH HALL USERS WILL BENEFIT FROM HALL FUNDRAISING?
Our Scout Hall is home for our Scout group but it is also a community hub for local clubs in the Cardiff. These include Baby Sensory classes, Clubbercise, Tai Chi, Taekwondo, Yoga, Cookery parties, arts and craft mums group. Plus we offer affordable overnight stays for student scout groups all of which helps to pay for the hall’s running costs.
Weekly we run 4 main scout groups. Beavers – Age 6 to 8 years. Cubs – Age 8 to 10.5 years. Scouts – Age 10.5 to 14 years. Explorers Age 14 – 18.
Who are the 22nd Scout Group and why do they need hall fundraising?
The 22nd Cardiff scout group is a center for all youngsters irrespective of ability, culture, or background. In the last 5 years the group has grown by 37 youth members which is 95% growth. In addition to this, our community hall hires have increased so that we have outgrown some of our facilities.
How do we get funds?
We are a self funded charity. Costs are kept low so we can be inclusive for everyone in our local community.